Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Birthday Trip to Amsterdam

Tom and I went to Amsterdam to celebrate my birthday (3 March). Unfortunately for Tom, we had to take an early morning train. He was not pleased. So, to assuage the pain, I gave him my iPod ... so he could listen to my radio comedy pieces. He laughed a lot, so I guess he liked them.


Our first stop was the Van Gogh Museum.There we were lucky enough to get tickets to the special show, "Van Gogh and the Colours of Night." We both enjoyed the collection very much.



Of course, after a certain point, Tom had to have a smoke break.
One of our favorite paintings was "The Starry Night."


Tom bought a poster for his mother ... his only purchase in the Gift Shop, despite all the temptations available.

Off we went to find some food! We were starving after all that art!

We found a very nice Italian resto and enjoyed risotto (not exactly Dutch, of course ... but filling).

The waiter took our picture ... and then gave us directions to a nearby "coffeeshop."

We made our way through the colorful streets ... and eventually found our destination. After a that, we zipped to the station and jumped on the train back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment